Cake Lace Black 200g
It is pre-coloured too. So, all you need to do is apply to your mat.
RRP: £8.99 | Save: £1.00
Cake Lace Black 200g
Cake Lace Black 200g is pre-coloured. So, all you need to do is apply to your mat, following the instructions found below or on your tub. The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
Depending on the design, you can achieve up to 10-12 sheets. You can apply Cake Lace to fondant, royal icing, ganache and swiss meringue buttercream. However, we do not recommend applying the Cake Lace to buttercream as this stays soft. Also, you can use it on chocolate, but some colours may need a tiny bit of edible glue to adhere to.
To make 90g of Cake Lace (which will cover one large Cake Lace mat):
1. Preheat your oven to 70 - 80°C.
2. Place 40ml of water into the bowl of your food mixer.
3. Add 42g (approx. 4 tablespoons) of Part A powder.
4. Mix on high for two minutes.
5. Add 2.5ml (approx. 1/2 teaspoon) of Part B liquid.
6. Mix on high for 4-6 minutes until Cake Lace looks smooth.
7. Spread some of the Cake Lace onto your chosen mat using a Cake Lace spreading knife. Work the mixture in all directions to ensure that there is an even coverage. Remove any excess with the spreading knife.
8. Place into your pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes to dry the Cake Lace.
9. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes for the Cake Lace to cool.
10. Check that the Cake Lace is ready by peeling the edge of the Cake Lace from the mat. It should release easily. If it does not, the Cake Lace is not dry yet, so place it back in the oven for another 4 minutes, and then test again
11. Place the dried Cake Lace face down onto a clean surface and, using the Cake Lace spreading knife, release it from the mat. Cake Lace can be air-dried and will take between 6-8 hours.
12. To fix the Cake Lace to your cake, brush a little cooled, boiled water straight onto your sugarpaste covered cake and then press the Cake Lace gently onto the cake.
You will have a small amount of the Part B liquid leftover, you can optionally use this to create a softer lace.
Cake Lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake Lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some grease-proof paper, wrapped closely. Then wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odours.
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans. Gelatin free.
May contain traces of nuts.
Wheat starch; Fructose; Glucose; Thickener: E440; Colourings: E171, E155, E151, E133; Flavour: Vanilla (milk), Preservative E202.
Nutritional Information (Values per 100g):
of which sugars 4.0g
If you would like to check out more Cake Lace products, click here.
Get more ideas on our Recipe Website.